Monday, November 10, 2008

You have been blogged!!

Hi Folks, Friends and Family!

I now have a blog! How about that?

WHY A BLOG?
So what happened? Did he grow soft in his old days? The answer to that is probably 'Yes'.
When I went to Indonesia back in 2003 I pretty much disappeared from the face of the planet from one day to the other and I resurfaced again two years later just as abruptly. I have been spending the last few months thinking about how I ensure that doesn't happen again when I move to Switzerland in a couple of months. I have in the past enjoyed following the life of friends overseas by reading mass mails and seeing the pictures they post. Once they returned home it felt like I had been there all the time, so we could just continue where we left off without having to catch up on a lot things first. By doing it in a blog the readers have the added benefit of deciding themselves whether they want to receive the news or not.

WHY IN ENGLISH?
Well, over time I have made friends with people from corners of the world where the Danish language is hard to distinguish from the gurgling of a sore throat. It is my hope that some of these friends also are interested in reading along. And as everybody speaks English, English it is!

HOW OFTEN?
That depends on two factors:
- Whether there is anything to write about?
- Whether there is time to write it?
In the next couple of months the former will likely be the restricting factor, but once in Lausanne the latter will without a doubt be setting the pace. Nevertheless, a commitment is required and I will therefore set the target at 1-2 relatively short entries per week.

SO WHAT IS IT THAT IS HAPPENING NEXT YEAR?
I am moving to Lausanne in Switzerland for a year to attend a 1-year MBA program at IMD. The program starts in January, ends in December and has a 3-week summer break in July. I will come back to the details of the program in a later entry.

WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW?
In short I stopped working two weeks ago and am now preparing for the year ahead. Much more about that later. I expect to move to Lausanne between Christmas and New Year.

1 comment:

Luis Angel Mera said...

Hi Thorsten, I am glad you decided to keep a blog to kep us all informed about your year of learning and adventure. I will be reading you my friend. Take care! By the way Sandra is pregnant. Brgds, Luis