Thursday, December 18, 2008

Inspiration Steve Jobs!

Steve Jobs, founder and CEO of Apple Computers, has been through the roller coaster of life. Adopted as a kid, dropped out of college, founded Apple, grew it into a multi-billion dollar company, kicked out of the company, brought back 10 years later when it was about to go bankrupt, turned it around, changed the music industry with iTunes and has lately given the mobile phone industry a serious wake-up call with the iPhone.

He keeps inspiring me with the way he gets his people to create new things that change the world. When you listen to his speech from the 2005 Standford graduation you know why he is who he is. I listen to it from time to time, when I feel I need to give myself a 'kick in the rear'.

His points are very clear:
1. Follow you heart and trust that things will be alright down the road.
2. Do what you love. If you haven't found it: Keep looking and don't settle! Don't settle!
3. Remember that you are going to die. Only then do you see what is really important!

2 comments:

FamLundBoeck said...

Hi Thorsten,
Jobs got a point as you describe.
One of my big inspirations is Michael Jordan. I know the clip below is a Nike commercial but i think the message is right spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc

Thorsten said...

Hey Bjørn,
So true, so true. I really like that one!