Thursday, December 18, 2008

Once you go MAC, you never go back!

I bought a MAC some six months ago. 

MACs are something that students, artists and all those creative types use. Using a MAC would mean isolating yourself together with the other MAC geeks and not be able to share files or anything else with the rest of the (PC) world. Or so I thought.

Then I coincidentally dropped into the new MAC store i Aalborg, where I ran into the most enthusiastic salesman I have ever met. He was definitely one of the MAC geeks. It seemed to be a religion for him. Hee was fully convinced that he was selling the best product in the world and his only problem was to get me to understand that. I couldn't help smiling when he during his sales speech said 'Once you go MAC, you never go back!'

Anyway, the short story is that I walked out of there with a Macbook under my arm. Of course, there was some frustration as I after a lifetime of PC usage had to get used to the MAC ways. But....... I have to say that the MAC ways gets under your skin much faster than the PC ways. It is just so EASY and INTUITIVE. Everything installs itself automatically and you don't need a programmers degree to keep it running. And then there is of course all the 'touchy-feely' stuff that those 'create types' like. I have to admit that I am starting to like it as well, so the guy in the shop might be right. I will probably never go back.

Apple are very aware that they are the young, smart and creative guy in the class, whereas the PCs are the dusty, old, boring guy in the suit. So why not draw up those lines even harder. They have done so in a series of commercials. It cannot be a coincidence that the PC guy looks so much like Bill Gates.



You can watch the whole series here

No comments: