Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday chill out

It must be at least a couple of weeks since I last was home before 9pm. I can't remember when it was anymore. Today, though, I was done at the school at 4pm and I decided to celebrate that with a trip to Migros (the local supermarket) so I could get some food in my fridge again. I was getting tired of eating oatmeal for dinner, but it was the only thing that was left. After filling the fridge I decided to treat myself to a nice two hour nap. It actually became three hours, but that is OK, I will not have any problems sleeping tonight anyway. Right now I just allow myself to luxuriate in the feeling of 'not being tired'. It is awesome!

I have attended three of the four company presentations this week. I am truly impressed with how seriously the companies take the recruiting of MBAs. Some naturally do a better job than others at selling themselves, but most of them bring very senior executives and IMD alumni from their organizations. One of the companies even brought their CEO! It is nice with a company brochure, but in order to get a real feel for the company you need to hear the real story from the alumni and get a feel for the personalities of the top executives.


A proud father celebrating. Wednesday morning Alejandro Salcedo and his wife Barbara became parents of a healthy 4.4kg boy. We wish them all the best as they start their new life as a family.



Thursday was the last day with Jean-Pierre Lehmann (standing left) and Global Political Economy. A class that has broadened our horizons tremendously and that have been home to some of the most intense discussions on the program. Jean-Pierre started every class with a socalled 'litteracy test' on global political issues. Yesterday he announced the winners. Four of the five have one thing in common: They read The Economist every week.
From left it is Martin Laan [Estonia], Prashant Biwal [India], Johan Jansen-Storbacka [Sweden/Finland], Seif Shieshakly [Saudi Arabia/Germany], Karim El-Koury [Austria].




'Chocolate or Vanilla?' Rasmus Figenschou [Norway] helps out in the ice cream stand. The customers are Chia Chia Lim [Singapore] and Simon Sundbøll [Denmark].

Thorsten

No comments: